View Single Post
First impressions:

Absolutely awesome

Obvious observation, is that it doesn't play nicely with xbindkeys being binded to fn + anything (like, right click as fn+tap release in whole Maemo) - after disabling it, controls wen smoothly.

I must admit, gdizzz, You've made controls very comfortable. Without "special training" I was able to jump straight into skirmish vs CPU and start reasonable fighting I'm sure that with a little practice, it can be no less controlable, than on desktop.

Console return many warnings about small errors, like "tried to execute NULL flightman" or something about bad navi light - if they're meaningful for port, I can collect and report them (although, may be related to mainstream only, I suppose). It also segfault from time to time (maybe just initially, as later, I had no problems).

It seems that LAN is possible - or pretend to.

I wonder, if it would be possible to bind some things to fn + shift + key? Mixed with proposed custom keymaps, it would resut in even more comfortable control

Anyway, even at current stage, it's definitely worth hitting repositories (of course, with game files being installed manually by every player, as it is with most open engines for commercial games on N900).

Thanks a lot - it's unbeliveable, to see carrier, fighters, or mothership, painted so beautifuly in space, on screen of our N900. I must admit, that first few minutes I just scrolled and rolled camera around them, at different distances

/Estel

// Edit

I don't know if those options mean anything in our case, but I've set texture buffer to max (32 MB RAM) and on device @900mhz, it was smooth, even in small battles, with every graphic setting turned to max, and all effect enchancements ON (+ 32 channels of sound events, mixed for stereo output).

What exactly it's running at, thanks to SDL? Sole CPU, or OpenGLES?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: