View Single Post
I myself, like many I'm sure, am perfectly happy with Maemo and have zero interest in Meego. Not to knock Meego; I'm sure it'll turn out to be great.

It's just that, for my needs, Maemo is perfect.

What's not so perfect is 256mb ram. Someone mentioned that it was enough, but that's insanity.

Here's the thing. For a phone 256mb is more than sufficient. But I use my n900 as a computer first, and a phone second (again, like many).

Trying to fit a full mail client, media player, web browser, and flash into 256mb ram is a challenge as it is. 512mb ram would increase the snappiness of the device 10-fold. Not just because it would virtually eliminate the need to swap, but because it would allow a reasonably sized disk cache to hide the fact that the onboard storage is so slow.

I was going to mention battery life, but since I've got the Mugen battery, life is good. I actually prefer the new size/weight. I don't like light or thin phones since I find them difficult to hold. Maybe Nokia could OEM 2400mah batteries as an option, and include a proper extended rear cover with lens cover.

Anyway, I think I will make an online petition, pass it to them, and just see what they say. 99.9% chance it goes nowhere, but hey, you never know.

Last edited by nightfire; 2011-02-11 at 18:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightfire For This Useful Post: