View Single Post
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
I have been playing around with Hermes and I think it is really cool! Just a couple of things I have noticed, that I think could happen also to other average users like myself:

- I did not know the difference between "Retrieve" and "Update", and have tried both.. What if the explanations you have on the webpage were also on the buttons? Something like:
Retrieve will fill in missing data for a contact.
Update will overwrite any contact entry.

- I also played around with the birthday-only contact possibility, not fully realising that Hermes cannot remove the any contacts it has added, or can it? I also did not realise that N900 calendar picks up all the birthdays from the contact book, and now I have birthday cakes all over my calendar! Luckily MfE does not sync them with my office calendar! So, a suggestion: could it be possible to choose what entries are added? Personally I would like to have the photos, probably not much else.

- The graphics looks great, but the appearance of the buttons does not match the beauty of the background. Maybe there is some sort of alpha-channel issue? I can send you a screenshot if you wish.

And as I am new to testing applications, I would like to know whether this was the correct place for this kind of feedback? These are not really bugs, just some observations.

Reija