View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Hi,

this is from my desktop computer, running Debian Stretch with Marble 2.0.3, but at least here at maemo.org I know, we have Marble experts.

I've created a track in Marble, saved it in KML format, and can load this track succesfully in another Marble instance. So far, so good.

Now I want to share this track with some friends, and I guess they will prefer GPX. So I exported the track directly from Marble into GPX.
Because I see no obvious way to import a GPX track, I opened it in Marble from a file browser. A new Marble instance starts but there is no sign of the track anywhere.

My second attempt was to export the KML track via gpsbabel (1.5.3, also from Debian Stretch) into GPX, as described in [1]:
Code:
gpsbabel -i kml -f input.kml -o gpx -F output.gpx
If I import that GPX file in Marble, I see the waypoints, but no actual track or routing info.

I've attached an example track from Berlin main station to Tegel airport, that's not my actual route, but it shows the problem.

[1] https://userbase.kde.org/Marble/Trac...verting_Tracks
Btw1: the command in the KDE wiki has a typo, the -F for the output actually needs to be upper case.

Btw2: Why would I have to be in some "developer's group", to create threads in the software section?
Attached Files
File Type: gz marble_berlin_hbf_txl.tar.gz (9.5 KB, 69 views)