View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
The lesson i finally learn is, you can absolutely fail with best intentions in mind.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Personally, this probably will be my very last attempt to support any of these kind of endeavors. If it is not ready to ship, I will treat it as vaporware.
Still some more differentiation is possible. I would support a project that learned the same lesson and finally treats community investors as what they are, brave high risc investors.
In my business life, i reported to investors weekly and to even get their attention and trust to start with, we agreed on phases and goals to be reached, bound to prospected amounts of investment money to be released.

The main problem for the future is practicabillity.
Dealing with one or two investors is hard enough and i do not see how we as a loose community could pull off an escrow like system to make such things happen our even take control of anything.

Business wise, the one who should provide this service and really has to learn its lesson to make their business future proof is indigogo and alikes. Also, that's the adress you all should put your grime as this is propably the only party still making profit under any circumstances.

More control/rules on crowdfunding sites would have aided in both cases. An overambitious and pink-glass wearing youyota would have realized much earlier that selfset goals are unreachable, protecting them from lying to themselfes. A fraudulent youyota could have called out, or "system inherently" stopped much earlier.

Last edited by mosen; 2018-05-14 at 09:12.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: