View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
Alpine for the Nokia Internet Tablets has been available for quite some time... but not in packaged form. You might want to look at this page for all the additional bits and mods necessary to get Alpine running smoothly.

http://home.mminternet.com/delaroca/

--denis
Yes, I'm aware it has existed - same with aircrack-ng, and quiet a few other tools - the whole point was that there seemed to be a sufficient desire to have it in the repositories too. Plus .deb packages in repositories are more convenient than remembering what site has what files/packages.

Right now the only noticeable problems for me are apt-get's "handler silently failed", and that the icon I just made last night shows up in HAM but not in FApMan. But as I've freely admitted in the thread where this started I don't actually have much experience using alpine so I don't know what's a bug and what's me not knowing what I'm doing. Is there any specific issues you're seeing in my port vs. the ports on that site, aside from the aforementioned packaging problems?

- Edit -
One thing that came from that though was that I took greater note of the versioning numbers. I see alpine is on version 2.02 as part of the 're-alpine' project. I presume people would rather have that version than 2.00?

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-07-03 at 15:14. Reason: Dug up the re-alpine project

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: