View Single Post
Hi,

I'm running into a weird problem and just wanted to see if anyone else had come across it.

I'm running an N800 and OS2008. Since the 30-2 upgrade, I can't open the NY Times website homepage...however, every single other site on the internet (and other pages in the NYTimes.com domain which I access through links or the RSS feed app) works fine.

I'm kind of a noob, but from what I can tell, as the nytimes.com site begins to load the slideshows and video on the front page, browserd shows a huge spike in CPU load (like 1,000,000%), the browser goes through a couple of reload loops and then exits to the main screen on the tablet. Sometimes it'll kick me to a reload page, but when I click on that link I just go through the reload loop and then exit. Sometimes I'll get an error box telling me the operation is being ended due to low memory. I've got about 100 MB free on the tablet and have a 128 MB virtual memory file as well.

Has anyone else come across this (which would indicate the problem might be with how the NYTimes.com site is configured and not the N800)?

Thanks,

slippy