View Single Post
Project mmjre

Pretty vanilla right now. The 'official' Sun embedded JRE for ARM.

I simply wrapped up the jre archive in a .deb and added some simple install/remove scripts, some symlinks, and a convenience script called "jarexec" (which also refreshes the license every time you run it, so your JRE will never expire)

Usage:

jarexec <jarfile>

Install available here

It takes a little longer to install than most regular apps, so don't fret, be patient...it works just fine

There's also some mime registration stuff in there that doesn't seem to work yet...it doesn't hurt anything else though The idea was that you could just click on a jarfile in your file browser (or create a desktop shortcut to it) and it would automatically launch jarexec for you. I'm sure it's something simple I've overlooked...maybe somebody can cast some fresh eyes over it and tell me my mistake

EDIT1 : Temporary hiatus...removed install for a while...something odd going on with download
EDIT2 : Back again! Needed to ensure that the /var/tmp copy of the .deb was erased (30+ Mb is a significant chunk of the root fs)
EDIT3 : OK, the jarexec mechanism is now working. You can now select a jarfile in FileManager, choose "Jarfile" from the list of options, and away you go!

Last edited by Dak; 2010-05-22 at 22:32.

The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to Dak For This Useful Post: