View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Does not compute, all my 'work' is done on device during abovementioned commute (with 4.6 gcc/++ thanks to Aapo). Still believe it is easier/faster to have the resulting binary ready to run once it compiles (sure for rewrites of large parts of the code desktop is nice I guess)
LOL@your post count I just prefer to make changes on my powerful desktop PC and check resulting binary anyway (if you take now the sources of lincity-ng for maemo - either Aapo's clean sdl version or my versinon and change only SDL_gles related stuff to SDL_opengl - it will compile and run fine on 64bit ubuntu virtual machine), for me it just speeds up development... in the final steps (when i'm compiling in scratchbox), i'm also checking every compilation on device, like in this case. I was trying to implement frame limit in opengl, but it looks like it is coded somewhere anyway (out of PainterSDL/PainterGL/PainterGLES classes), so it only made rendering more laggy look. But putting SDL_Delay(100) after each call to SDL_GLES_SwapBuffers() made my cpu usage go down to 25% )

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: