View Single Post
Are You sure, that OpenGLES renderer is working at all, in current version? Trying to enable it via GUI options or config file (/home/user/lincity-ng/userconfig.xml), I see *exacty* same CPU usage/battery consumption as with SDL. Game speed is also unaffected (not worse or better in any way). Same goes for memory consumption. Isn't it too much for a coincidence?

Also, if I enable GLES render via GUI, game indeed "restart", yet, upon closing and opening again manually, it's still in SDL mode. If I edit mentioned config file (/home/user/.lincity-ng/userconfig.xml), changing approriate option to "yes", after running game and entering menu, GUI still states that SDL is used.

As for 3th method, could You please write exact parameter? AFAIK lincity-ng is run through .sh wrapper. Should command be passed to wrapper, to executable itself, or the latter via wrapper insides?

/Estel

// Edit

I don't remember, how it looked in older releases, but it's also quite memory hog - it uses roughly 80-100 REAL memory, and almost 200 virtual one at all. It's probably justified, so I point it out just for the records.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: