View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by IcelandDreams View Post
What am I doing wrong? The install goes through the motions and then complains about not enough memory. The internal memory went from ~40M down to 1kb. I have a 2G SD card in the external slot that was empty other than the .deb install file. I ran it again after clearing more space but I'm down to no space again. I have the boot menu but of course it won't boot off SD. The SD card doesn't appear to have been touched. I've now uninstalled it but still have the boot menu. Can I at least remove whatever is taking up my internal memory?

N800 with OS2008

edit->I did the suggested update but quickly came up with not enough memory.
OK, #1 DO NOT PUT A DEB ON A CARD AND TRY TO INSTALL IT WHEN IT WILL PARTITION THE CARD ITS SITTING ON.

TO FIX
open xterm
(you will need to become root)

rm -rf /device/*

if its full, its because the mount failed because the SD card was in use. So it started the tar, and filled up your flash in /device

Then put the deb on flash somewhere, like documents, then run it again.

Ouch, I just did not see that one coming
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-04-29 at 15:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post: