View Single Post
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
When this project started and the poll price was launched, I voted for a price of 400€, because it was my maximal budget for a smartphone. When the price was stated to 700€, I told myself that if it's the price to privacy, I can make some effort and pay it (I had to find 300€ in one way or an other), but I didn't donate in case there is an other project of this kind less expensive.

However now the price is around 1120 €, without VAT. Just to keep this price in perspective, it's almost my salary. So the question to me is not anymore "will I buy a Neo900 ?" but "if I would like to buy a Neo900, will I be able to gather the money ?" and currently, and for the next two years, the answer is no.

Thank you for your project, but even if I'm interrested, it appears than I am not a part of the targeted customers. It seems they will be more likely an elite which is able to spend more than 1000€ in a smartphone.
I will continue to follow this project until the end of the order period, in case the price drop and I will still talk about it to people who could be potential customers, but I will more likely buy a Jolla phone which will cost "only" 250€ and keep my N900 as "travel" phone (because of the Jolla GSM frequencies).
Yeah, I'm so happy that I didn't sign up for a donation. Over 1000 EUR is far too much for me to spend on the Neo.

I hope that the next Neo will be feasible for an average customer. The current one is at the Apple price level, which very few of the people in the countries of Eastern Europe will be able to afford. It's more than the average salary (about 1000 EUR or even less). Most people earn About the half of it.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: