View Single Post
@peterleinchen

This latest version of the script works much better. Seems now that the switch back and forth is successful all the time when run automatically by Alarmed. What's more surprising (really great) in my case is that now I have operator name updated on desktop by default although I am not using refhome.

To answer some other items:

- When I got "call not allowed" I was not using internet at all, just switch and wait 10 minutes and switch back. But now this scenario seems to work, although I cannot tell for sure before running automatically the switch for next few days. Also MagicSim 28th I think is full UMTS.
- Using on-call check in your script is very useful, thanks.
- Silent command line usage is great, thanks.
- I think waiting for getting online is very useful in areas when there is low GSM signal, there might be scenarios when the switch is started in such conditions and signal drops before doing the switch. I have been traveling across low signal area and almost always things messed up, e.g. I arrived at destination with SIM2 active without being aware about that for example.

Update: I can confirm that after several runs, the script works now great, I didn’t got “Call not allowed” not even once since the upgrade. So I can use now the Exchange sync script as I always wanted, thanks.

Some more refine of the script suggested:
- There is an error in command line: “/usr/bin/sim-switcher: line 452: was: not found”, not sure if this is important.
- Check line 335, sleeep is misspelled, although I didn’t notice any change after correcting this line.
- currentSIM method seems is not working OK, I had to delete manually the file so that to be able to make the switch back. Maybe you could use the operator code for this check or something else, or disable the check. At least in my case there is no harm if same SIM is tried to be activated.

Last edited by yrannadx; 2012-08-27 at 15:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post: