View Single Post
Originally Posted by FlameReaper View Post
I don't really think we're in a hurry to upgrade to the latest MyPaint (which is at version 1.0.0 or so) because the current one, as far as my experience goes, is doing fine even till now. But I'm not against the effort to make an upgrade to the existing one available, so taking it slowly is fine too.

Though, I'm quite perplexed that since N9s have capacitive screens, MyPaint more or less won't work on it... which is too bad since I kind of want the phone with this on it.

Some of the new features added in MyPaint 1.0.0 is the re-worked UI making it dockable (although for the time being they only dock to the right of the screen), and some other generic changes in the brush palettes and a new feature called the Scratchpad, which is convenient for users to try out various coloring and brush stroke combinations etc without having to jot them on the main drawing canvas.

As far as the rendering quality/performance ratio goes I haven't been able to notice significant increase nor decrease either, at least from what I think of it. Other users who experienced both MyPaint 1.0.0 on the desktop and 0.9.1 on the N900 might have better input than me... or so I hope.
and what about the new feature: Lock Alpha Chanel
I think is the best feature that we must have.