View Single Post
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Not sure how USB networking works on the N9, but surely there's a way to set the IP address there.
I'm able to change the adress at the N9 and the C7, but not at the BlackBerry device. Over there I'm only able to change the last two numbers, the 169.254.x.x is fixed. But since at maemo are more well educated IT cracks around I thought I could ask for the N9 to understand how to solve the rest myself.
I were anyway surprised that I'm the first with this problem.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Your problem is, as you hint below, that the IP address assigned to the USB network (N9 <-> PC-USB) is on a different subnet than your other (WLAN, VM) addresses.

The other solution would be to tweak the routing the table. With Windows that's a pretty complicated task.
Okay. I have my VM already im bridge mode, so as you said it is now only related to the routing. Sadly I know nearly nothing about it.
If I could make 169.254.0.1 and 192.168.2.15 visible to all devices within 192.168.0.* the problem should be solved.

Hm, if nobody knows how this works I'm afraid I need to refresh my Network knowledge with some fundamental stuff from wikipedia.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.