View Single Post
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Ivgalvez, do you need the breakdown of directories within the repos or the general path/URL to the repo would suffix?
We need a full list of files and I would like to have the breakdown of directories to avoid the possibility of loosing anything.

As it's going to be a huge list, you could separate for each website a different text file with the full list.

Accordingly, the second post can then be expanded. For example documentation within harmattan-dev.nokia.com would you need the sub-directory links or just harmattan-dev.nokia.com is enough?
I suppose that for documentation it would be enough with the website.

Another example would be the ovi apps for fremantle; they have their own sub-directory within downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle1.2. Thanks!
The OVI store is a different beast, we don't need a list of files in it. However, the Foundation needs to investigate what is going to happen with it.

The above question applies very greatly to repository.maemo.org as many SDKs, repos are all within sub-directories of repository.maemo.org. However, as per your mention earlier, you wanted only files on Nokia's repos that were not already on maemo.org so does that mean that repository.maemo.org doesn't need to be listed?
All maemo.org contents will be transferred to the Foundation. No worries here.

If you are submitting a list to Nokia would general links make things too difficult to negotiate? OTOH giving a minute breakdown of things may overwhelm them. Also, I think every single file within the general links will be required by the Community.
Yes, the first goal is to be sure that files won't be wiped out without notice, while we can check what things are needed for OS maintenance, which files have a Nokia copyright and can be redistributed by the Foundation and which ones have third party copyrights and we need to negotiate with them.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post: