View Single Post
Originally Posted by aeon_light View Post
So, after quite some time, I finally have my N900 (which charges perfectly fine, but doesn't seem to have data connection at all - which is an issue as I need to reflash the thing but I can't...) taken to a repair store and looked at. Turns out that the problem isn't with the USB port breaking from the mainboard - in fact, they resoldered the port, and, in USB flash mode, it still wouldn't be recognized on the computer (the computer, in either Linux or Windows, refuses to recognize the device as being there - lsusb doesn't show anything, etc.). Tried this with several USB cables and ports - same results. Any clue what's going on?
If it starts charging when you plug it into a PC without prompting for mass storage etc it means that whoever resoldered it soldered the data pins together, hence why you cannot reflash or connect but still charge...

I would suggest an i2cget command to check...

EDIT: Even better, plug it into a PC and type in a terminal
Code:
cat /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/charger
if it returns a 1 the soldering job is wrong, else check it returns a 1 with a wallcharger. If it does software problem, else something in the hardware

EDIT2: An N900 terminal in case it wasn't clear, not a PC one

Last edited by pablocrossa; 2013-05-21 at 22:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to pablocrossa For This Useful Post: