View Single Post
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
OK, I met the guy with the N9 he said was OK - and it wasn't. He only had set the brightness to almost maximum, so he didn't notice. (They're hardly noticeable on mine when I set brightness so high).

BUT: Still, after I decreased the brightness level and compared the two phones, mine was a lot worse than his. Also, his didn't have the purple tint on the upper right corner (portrait).
(I was afraid I might have ruined his fun with the phone, but he'd already decided to sell it and go back to Symbian, anyway ...)

So while I still have to see a working screen on the N9, I now know the problems aren't always as evident as on my device. This may explain why some here do see them, but wonder what the fuzz is all about.
Thanks for that info Benny! So the purple tint thing has to be a defect if you didn't notice it on the other N9. That sucks. You should ask for an exchange. That's what I have done, and I am still impatiently waiting for it.

On that note, now that PR 1.1 is rolling out, I was wondering if anybody noticed those changes Konttorri said about the display over-saturation thing?