View Single Post
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I propose this as a study item.

In simplest implementation would be to run a Tor node on one of our VM's to use it as the hidden site access gateway.
Yes, I grant it it sounds dangerous but there are ways to isolate the traffic and keep the node contained. Access to TMO (and wiki I suppose) would only be allowed either read-only or authenticated from that node.
It could even be set up as a request-only use; an user wanting to have Tor access to our sites would need to be pre-authenticated by staff to do that.
@juiceme
I appreciate your point of view, your idea and your try to find a solution to satisfy all....but sincerely talking, do you really want to try to secure a service creating an even bigger risk running a tor node?

I think that evaluating the situation of the community (active members, number of people involved into techstaff and maintenance tasks..) choose a conservative approach is the only possibility we have to survive.

For sure we can decide to upgrade some service,wiki, vbb..or others but create a situation of risk bigger than the actual imperfect status could make damages unfixable for all the servers of the community.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post: