View Single Post
Marble 1.1.8 + Offline Routing Daemon 0.3
Feedback as i find my way through Marble
  • Home Location/Bookmarks works with Routing dialog but in Goto dialog - they end up taking u around the world somewhere lol (does not work, period)
  • Zoom in sufficiently on flat map and it kills the app everytime
  • Fullscreen mode is very nice. Two things, a keyboard shorcut OR an icon to toggle between fullscreen mode on/off would be better.
  • Tracking Dialog Settings are not saved. This is seriously annoying bug.
  • In Routing Dialog drop down menu, Clear Route needs to be added rather than manually kills nodes
  • Auto Zoom-in function is a mis-hit. It doesn't work properly. Ideally, it should be at road level all the time but its atleast two to three times zoomed out further back just showing you which highway or road you are on.
  • Voice is unpredictable. Its giving correct directions but they are mostly a little too early. Say turn left in a km or so and as soon as i turn on that road, it tells me to Turn Left in 800m. Its working but shouldn't it ideally tell you to turn left when you are actually at the left turn. Once i heard, Bear Left when i was about to turn left and it made me happy. But its a mis-hit for now.
  • In Routing Dialog, when a saved route is opened, map should automatically move to show route now. it stays stagnant instead
  • Legend -> Hillshading checkbox not available/missing

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-06-05 at 13:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post: