View Single Post
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post
You mean if I know that the above video is just a modified Moblin 2.2 with MeeGo branding? Come on now.. seriously..

I am talking in general. Moblin is great for netbooks but not as practical as Maemo for touchscreen based mobile computers. From what we read ever since the MeeGo announcement, it looks like MeeGo will be more Moblin based and less Maemo. And I said it "looks like" because no one except the development team knows the real answer as all we've got is speculations. I hope this speculations are wrong and with MeeGo both Nokia and Intel will offer a unique user experience that at the same time is able to satisfy the different but also high needs of both notebooks/netbooks etc and mobile computers/phones.
Sorry, my intention wasn't to be rude at all. If you can give suggestions on how to make post #8 of this thread clearer please do, and I'll edit it. Quoted below..

Originally Posted by jsa View Post
Those were probably still Moblin rebranded, but chances are that at least the first versions versions of MeeGo reference Netbook UX will be quite similar. This of course has nothing to do with how MeeGo reference Handheld UX will look like, which in turn doesn't automatically dictate what MeeGo will look like on a Nokia handheld. MeeGo will provide separate UI and stock application sets for netbooks and handhelds. Whether manufacturers will use these or create their own is anyone's guess.