Thread: Nokia N900
View Single Post
Depends what you want it for. As a phone, there a better choices. For messaging (including online like twitter and AIM/ICQ/MSN) it's one of the best i've used. Durability wise the wear and tear doesn't affect it much, however the camera can break from dust/dirt, the stand is a bit flimsy and the USB port needs careful use.

The hardware (Stock) is pretty good. It may not be as big and flashy as modern day but the modern day need that sort of power for the OS. It gets the job done.

You will need to upgrade to PR 1.3 as soon as possible, and be careful about the app repositorys as they can make you need to reflash. CSSU is quite helpful, adds in a bunch of nifty features (transistions and such). However go with the stable version, theres not much need to the testing unless you want to risk it.

For over clocking theres 2 main kernels i believe (feel free to correct me if im wrong) however you don't really need them. They can help prolong battery life but so can lowering your brightness, or turning the phone off when you know you wont use it for the next hour or so.

All in all I would recommend, however you have to treat it with care. They are a dying breed and if broken nokia won't repair them. SO be careful.