View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
jalyst, we will benefit from more candidates either way. So if you have someone in mind pester him via mail, pm, pigeon, message-in-bottle and smoke signals, you have about 15h to force him to accept
Yes, but the idea is to leverage the maemo infra in order to send out a much larger smoke signal
That's assuming the balance of nominees -as its stands- it too skewed one way or the other.

btw, why don't you run?
I doubt very much I have the right skill-set, & even if I did I doubt I'd be terribly effectual, as I just wouldn't put enough time into it.
Plus I wouldn't ever nominate, unless I was "absolutely sure" I could be effectual...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I had brought this topic up at the beginning of the current Council's term
At that time I was told that moderators who are also members of Council/BoD won't be moderating threads related to Council/BoD during their term.
If required, I personally have no issues with giving up my moderator rights if elected to Council for the term I serve in Council
Glad to hear you say that, personally, I think that's the most righteous thing to do...
But as someone suggested & as a compromise, perhaps only remove mod rights to the community sub-forum (I dont know how well that would work in practice, I have my doubts)
Even better than that, would be to find someone else to step into your moderator role.
You've got heaps of time between now & when the results are in to do that, & it wouldn't matter if that search was still going whist you are in Council, so long as it didn't drag on.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-04-23 at 07:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: