View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
If it makes the wait easier (I am afraid it won't, but it will still be reassuring to some), I can assure the device is what many of us have been waiting for a decade (I'm not counting the N950 because it never hit the market). The vast majority of TMO people will love their device. Of course, when using alternative OSes like SFOS, it can be a bit rough around the edges since SFOS is a community project, but it works very well already, and there is hope to eventually get Leste as well (please consider sending a unit to the Leste team, they are making great progress lately but confirmed they cannot really afford a unit on their personal budget).

On SFOS, and combined with a well configured sailfish_ubu_chroot (thanks Preflex, Elros34 and TheKit), it actually totally defeated my N900 in almost every "pocket computer" aspects. I find myself using my Proš running Ubuntu inside SFOS very often at home when I would usually have used my laptop, just because it feels equally convenient once properly configured with keybindings, and is already in my pocket when I need it.

I am seriously considering buying a spare, in case the present decade is like the previous one and we have only one device meeting our needs. The Proš really is a great achievement by Chenliangchen and F(x)tec, and the fact that they opened the bootloader is also something that will contribute to making this device last long within the community.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-01-16 at 21:26.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: