View Single Post
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
actually i have given an example of an allwinner a10 based tablet that is sold by manufacturer as an gpl compliant device (ainol novo 7 advanced)
so the people who are buying it are not endorsing gpl violating manufacturers like with buying this tablet(even thou it will not arive as a gpl violator to the end user, the gpl violating bastard of a manufacturer still gets his money and everyone who buys this endorses gpl violation, just not directly) plus its much faster and cheaper, supports up to 1gb of ddr3("spark" is 512MB ddr2 as that soc cant handle anything more) so i would like anyone who thinks I am wrong and they are right to justify their choice or i have every intention of continuing my rants

rhombus-tech has explained everything technical why this is the chinese SoC to choose so click on the sources i provided

P.S. even though I consider those things i mention above relevant and valid, the biggest grudge i have against it is that this device is not in any way better than n900, you get a bit more eam and you loose your keyboard, performance wise they are almost the same, and n900 is 3 years old tech...i want this...on another hardware...and until i get it i will b.i.t.c.h about it

Last edited by GrimyHR; 2012-02-29 at 09:12.