View Single Post
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Regarding Wiki, I find it messy.

People read from top to bottom, and the first and the last are best remembered.

Now, I see for example on the main page a list called 'Internet' and then I see half of the entries about web browsing. On top of the Internet list is info about N770 (an EOL device from 2005). Why put that on top? I suggest to merge all useful data to the new wiki and let this wiki indeed die.

Once the new device and OS are out, or right before that, it is a good day to switch.

Before that precautions have to be taken.

On the Data Plans entry I thought of including a transparent map as picture allowing someone to click on the map instead of clicking on their country but I gave up on the idea. Anyway, this list is basically not related to any OS or device but the information is useful. Same abou the ebook list entry. Now, those can be moved to a new wiki with the old pointing to the new, correct? No implications except an extra click.

Or it might be better to tag data entries instead. E.g. "This data applies to OS2006, OS2007, OS2008, N770, N800." The list gets quite long though.

How are we going to manage these big piles of data? This is now a problem and requires infrastructure change. It won't become less of a problem by doing nothing; only worse. And without some kind of structure to change, it won't change in a good manner...