View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Thanks for your great app!
Thanks.

Just stating like most people that it should definitely be a daemon in the background.
I've started working on that. The next release will be about having a background daemon as it's the most requested feature.

Also, a WiFi based rule is really handy. Different profile for home and work.
Agreed. This goes with the other location based rules. I'm not sure in what order I will do these, GPS/AGPS/Cell based rules or WiFi first, but I intend to implement this also.

As an ex N900 user, I sorely miss firing a script of my own when an event occurs. I have a few things around the house that I can control using HTTP requests and it would be awesome to be able to send one when something happens (alarm goes off, profile changes at some set time interval, home wifi is found, etc...). I realise this is probably way beyond the scope of your app but I like to ramble
I'm not opposed to building some sort of support for running scripts as an action. It'd probably be a "pro" user kind of thing, like editing yourself the configuration file. So if and when ProfileMatic has "conditions" that do some action and you'd like to fire a script at the same time, let me know. I'll see about what's the best way to have support for it then.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2011-11-11 at 22:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: