View Single Post
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Maybe I won't be able to participate, cause I've won a N9 on last competition.
But please, try to make it more organized.
You said that all shipment taxes has to be paid by winners
I've paid USD 300 for the N9, but nevermind, I love the phone
But I've donated the N900 that I won because I didn't have the money to pay taxes.
And after that, I've seen on last competition thread that nobody has paid for their N900.
I could have stayed with the N900, to sell it and get some money back from the N9 taxes.
Maybe those things should be clarified before the end of competition, and before another user rejects his prize because he doesn't have money to pay taxes.

Anyways, I'm really happy with my N9 and will keep working for it.

PS: my english sucks, sorry for that
Hey CepiPerez, it sounds like you've been both lucky and unlucky with the competition. Congrats on being a winner, and it's great you love your N9! But rather than winning a free N9 you feel you have ended up with a discount because you had to pay shipping taxes on your prize, and I can understand why you'd feel bad about that

It's something we should keep in mind with the next competition, to be as clear as we can about shipping taxes etc. I remember from the competition thread that you did highlight your worry about taxes to us but it wasn't something that could be controlled when sending the package to you. Unfortunately, the truth is we won't know what these taxes would be until the package reaches you. As you know, custom fees is not something that's applied until the package reaches your country, and it's difficult to make these costs clear to entrants before the competition starts. Later, Zehjoktah reached out to Nokia for more information on shipping fees and offered some solution for the 3 entrants outside the EU, but it's not a perfect solution for everyone...

I know it's disappointing how the situation with the N900 worked out for you, but I hope it was still worthwhile for you to take part in the competition, CepiPerez

Having a community from all over the globe is one of the coolest things about talk.maemo.org, but it does make it trickier to send prizes to people! We don't want to exclude anyone from the competition ofcourse, just because of where they live, but it's really hard to know in advance how different countries will apply their own custom fees. It's also the same thing with paypal, in some countries it is not possible to use paypal. Zehjotkah had a problem with this before when paying out to Russian (I think it was Russia..) winners from the community bounty, and had to find a solution around it.

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Maybe I won't be able to participate, cause I've won a N9 on last competition.
Oh, just because you're a winner last time doesn't mean you can't enter this time - in fact, I think it means you should return to defend your champion status! But this time we know about Argentina shipping taxes, so if you're lucky to win again we can work out some solution in advance

P.S. your English is fine, CepiPerez, it doesn't suck at all

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-05-14 at 13:25.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: