View Single Post
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Serbia
Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
trx, glad you still here

Some issues:
  • TxPad doesn't support non-english characters. Characters from non-English languages appear as question marks.
  • Search&Replace feature is a bit clumsy. First of all - you can't find it easily (why it is in "View" menu?). Then, after you select it, magnifier icon will open "search&replace" instead of normal "search" function. And the last one - you can't paste anything to input fields of "search" or "replace" (well, you can do it through additional keyboard of Swype, but it's very uncomfortable).
  • Select-markers is very cool feature. But they are hard to use when you try to select very long strings of text. Because, when you try to "pick up" already placed marker it will immediately shift a bit upwards - in most cases to the upper string, causing all selection to get wrong.
1.What kind of characters are use using?(give me a few so i can test), TxPad supports UTF8..

2. I am aware of this, i will have to think of something for that..

3. Is this for a eg. one long line, or multiple lines? when you are dealing with multiple lines, you can select a few and then scroll down, and just pick up the marker and drag it to where you need it, the selection start will be where it was... I am aware that there are quirks with a long line selections which i will try to resolve.

Thank you very much for your time!

btw, you are talking about TxPad QML (Harmattan), while this is a thread for Fremantle version. I would suggest to you to post bugs and ideas related to TxPad QML there : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83969

TRX.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trx For This Useful Post: