View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
It's been mentioned a couple times already that some posts should moved to offtopic section.
I haven't read the whole topic (have not time), so excuse me if I've moved some wrong posts to the offtopic section.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93451
The discussion wasn't strictly about HiFo (as that thread's titled), it was about finding ways to overcome the hosting quagmire for proprietary bits, which isn't completely off-topic in this thread. Spinning it out to an "off-topic" thread doesn't make sense in this instance, as it was at least loosely on-topic, only some content in Woody's/Joer's posts was off-topic (as it was personal attacks).

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...08#post1324708
There's nothing wrong with keeping this thread a tiny bit on topic. Otherwise it loses its original purpose
It wasn't strictly on-topic, but it was definitely closely related in that it was talking about how best to deal with hosting of the proprietary bits, I don't see how that's completely off-topic.
Woody raised some legit concerns around that, they mustn't be whitewashed as if they're not there, it must be laid out & ideas thrown about as-to-how we avoid/mitigate future (potential) issues, no?

If this thread must strictly be about tracking highly technical events relating to maemo.org infra/migration...
Then at the very least that discussion should be moved to a new dedicated thread that deals with the contentious issue of:
"How best to host proprietary bits which HiFo's (governance body & legal entity for maemo/meego community) legally not allowed to, & Nokia/MS hasn't (so far) agreed to do for us."
It shouldn't be moved to a thread that's merely a dumping ground for off-topic posts in the "off-topic" sub-forum.

Anyway what's done is done I guess, I'm not going to bother following that other thread, will just stay sub'd to this, not attacking anyone so apologies if anyone sees it like that.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-07-15 at 15:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: