View Single Post
The source code can be found, as usual, on the corresponding page at garage.maemo.org:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/qzeecontrol
Maybe I should reconsider the way I place the link there.

Just to add some more details:
In the main window you see the "test" box and letters for checking the general functionality.
Note that these are only active when the QZeeControl window is active, i.e., once the window is inactive these testing elements become inactive and only key presses are triggered when the remote control is utilized. Consequently, there is no (or very very few) additional overhead of leaving the QZeeControl window open in the background.
Overall, this version should perform much better than the "old" python version as very much of the performance critical code paths are implemented on the C++ side. Well, I actually dunno how QML code performs in this scenario but the amount of QML involved in the actual forwarding of key presses is really minimal.

With respect to having a sophisticated "daemon solution". Well, I for myself have nothing against it. On the other side I have no real reason for implementing it, except maybe the technical aspects of implementing it. Anyone is invited to hack on the source code himself and I will for sure accept patches etc. In the worst case you can as well fork it if you like. After all the entire code is open source.
I can also upload the code to github or gitorious if there is interest. This way collaboration should be eased even more. Just let me know.

@Dousan
Thanks I also already forwarded the compliment.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post: