View Single Post
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Amstelveen
No I dont have kernel power (I dont rem installing anything like that). So does that mean I can directly flash/boot my device with the vmlinuz after extracting the initrd packages as explained below:

Starting the rescue initrd
NOTE: Here we do not flash the kernel or initrd to the device, but only load them to the device memory during the boot. Original images are restored when the device is restarted.

NOTE: Charge your battery before using initrd. Currently initrd is not able to charge the battery.

Remove the back cover
Turn off your device by removing battery
Insert the battery back to the device
Put back cover to the device (This is not needed if you don't need to have access to the microsd card, or if you use magnet instead).
Start flasher with the following command (NOTE: change <vmlinuz-n900> and <initrd.img> to real filenames):
sudo flasher-3.5 -k boot/<vmlinuz-n900> -n boot/<initrd.img> -l -b"rootdelay=1 root=/dev/ram0"
Connect N900 to your PC with the USB cable (directly ! some HUBS may cause strange problems)
Now the device boots and you can see a rescue menu.

only difference will be , I will do it on win machine:
flasher-3.5 -k boot/<vmlinuz-n900> -n boot/<initrd.img> -l -b"rootdelay=1 root=/dev/ram0"

Or should I cold flash my device again? I did that before but I pressed the U button to get the device in usb mode, then I cold flashed it. Was that correct?