View Single Post
Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
You've heard that from your completely paranoid friends. It doesn't happen like that here in the US, where they are based. Oh, there are those who will try to do that, but eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, and we citizens won't let it happen.

You have a lot more faith in our system than I do, we have won the first battle but the war is far from over. Dodd is basically out there threatening politicians to pass it or else. MPAA started running support ads on TV.

Most people have their head up their *** (huta). While the shutting down of wiki and a few other sites had an impact this round, I'm not too sure that this will be the case next time around. Huta people will see it as an annoyance rather than a call to action.

You can call me paranoid all you want but with the DOD classifying occupy protesters as low level terrorist threats and NDAA in place, 1984 definitely comes to mind. Then throw in video surveillance, back scatterer xray, and terahertz imaging being used here in NYC, seems like George just had the date wrong.