View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
For some dumb reason, I just think a marketing weenie decided the N9/Lumia 800 was too small for America. I too have big hands, but when was the last time you saw a smartphone company increase the size of a screen without increasing the resolution. I think the Lumia 800 is a cool device (just installed the Nokia City Lens beta), but this 800x480 screen thing is just the kind of fail that Microsoft brings to the table. In their own words: "Really!"
I probably am on Microsoft's intergalactic **** list, but I've written to them countless times about how I dislike their 800x480 on damn near 5 inch screens enough times to the point where I'm very sure they delete my e-mails automatically.

Makes zero sense to me... gimme a 4.3 inch with 720p resolution. I'd shut up.

I don't know, maybe the Nokia/Microsoft U.S. alliance decided to go after Android instead of Apple. Maybe a large Lumia 800 looks better next to the large high-end Android phones, because it sure doesn't look like a competitor to an iPhone.
Couldn't tell you the reasoning. I just know that the resolution is a major issue for me. Like the screen size, don't like the resolution. But... I can live with it.