View Single Post
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by dragonfly1113 View Post
I'm going to mexico in a couple weeks like 2 weeks or something like that and was wondering what you guys think is the best way to get a phone connection or internet connection, the place im going has free wifi in only one spot, i can tether my phone to my laptop and/or my nokia 770 but my phone will be roaming at that time and will cost a ton of money to start trying to call people or getting online. Are there any apps I could get for my nokia to call people in mexico?
I use Skype. On my recent trip across Canada, I had no Verizon signal in many areas. Where I had signal the cost was 70 cents per minute to roam. Computer to computer is free. I payed the $10 (through PayPal) to call any phone in U.S. for about 2 cents per minute. If you go to the Skype web site you call add your phone number so that Skype sends that as a caller ID so that your friends know that you are the one calling. Of course, there will be no video transmitted or received.