View Single Post
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ New Jersey, USA
So the netbook is pretty much what I expected (small size, light, etc.) Hardware wise, the trackpad button is really difficult to press, but other than that not bad.

But I have to say, one of the first things I did was to install Ubuntu 11.10 on a MicroSD card to run this machine. I think I am just used to APT, and I know how to set up Ubuntu exactly like I want it. On the N900, I get this done through Easy Debian. I am not sure how long I will use MeeGo on this machine only because I would need to figure out the package manager.

That being said, I am going to give it a try for the collectors out there who may want a record of this machine when they stop production. It is pretty easy to use, and seems to integrate with the current popular crop of social web services (facebook, flickr, twitter) easily. Not sure how to expand that in the future to other services that might come up one day.

However, there is an issue with suspending to disk in Ubuntu when installed on the SD card, so I might end up wiping MeeGo earlier - we'll see.

If anyone has MeeGo or X101 questions, fire away and I'll do my best to answer!

The Following User Says Thank You to nathanbibb For This Useful Post: