View Single Post
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
that should be the BT keyboard's address. you can get it's mac via "hcitool scan" (as described by JoHnY here).
Thank you. I'll get on to it. I can't find the KB's mac address. Scanning for it would really help.

yes it does those "xx"es are just placeholders. every mac address has the same length, twelve bytes. (six pairs)
I wasn't clear. I got that the xx pairs and underscores was a mac-address. but the one for the N900 is in a different form. The _07_ is in the wrong place, which makes sense seeing as it should have been for the KB. That's also why the code I used was only 5 pairs - because I was just giving the pairs to the right of the _07_.

btw, all those commands were single commands split by a backslash ( \ ). using a backslash, you can write a multiline command, by "masking" the linebreak with it.
JoHnY did the same in his post (manually connecting the BT keyboard), he just wrote every command in one line.
Ahh, ok - like how std::cout can be one long line or put << at the start of each new line of code?

When I've got this ironed out, think I need to update the wiki with some pairing instructions. Thanks for your help so far - I'll post back if I have any more troubles, hopefully not though!

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post: