View Single Post
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
@jalyst blame me for the reopening of this thread, but the "epic" thread is removed - available only through google cache... I'd really like to make n9 more useful waiting for PR1.2 - sharing my experiences could only help...

btw this morning I've unplugged the charger, 3G was on, Skype not logged - steady 19mA... about 1h ago, Skype account logged in - idle consumption slowly increasing, now already at 32mA... would be useful if some other IM plugin existed that could connect to skype account, just to check the situation then...
YOU are still well below 40 mA with Skype online ... of course, there is higher power consumption, when you log in for Skype (online) ... but your power consumption seems to be OK now ... yes, you can enable and disable your Skype account easily through "Accounts" app (so you can use it just for checking purpose by that way) ... btw, I prefer to use fb for text messaging (instead of Skype and SMS), because is easy and it does not cause high power consumption ... fb is very good substitute for missing Whatsapp too (no point to use it, even if it is available, as it causes higher power consumption) ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaripi For This Useful Post: