View Single Post
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I think that people who are willing to spend $60 or so on a monthly plan for a smartphone are insane. When my N900 dies, along with the $15 or so a month plan I am paying for service now, I am going to find a cheap phone and cheap plan and focus on having fun when I'm in a free WiFi situation, like at my house. It is time to show the wireless providers that we are not suckers by not buying their products. Don't give them your money, it just encourages them! You actually don't need to flash your status in bars with a cool phone. Read Thorstein Veblen's work on "conspicuous consumption" and repent!

More seriously, I am looking at other prepaid plans like Virgin Mobile's $25 a month plan. I think that techs should take a principled stand against being ripped off.
Everything is relative...

Some people make money by being connected all the time, not everything is about fun n games (n status updates)

But yeah... everyone should vote with their money. Personally though, I think the best way to 'fight' a commercial entity is by making way for alternatives that jives more to what you believe in.

Speaking (or even shouting) what you think to change people's mind in this crowded and loud world doesn't work no more.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2011-07-08 at 03:44.