View Single Post
Background:
We have native versions of Java Standard Edition (Sun JSE Embedded / OpenJDK) to run desktop Java applications .

We could not run Java Mobile Editon apps/games (Opera Mini, Shazam etc) as you would find on other mobile phones, without MicroEmulator running on top of Java SE.
While this worked to an extent it did take a lot of CPU to run JavaSE, running a JavaME emulator, to run a Java ME app.

The ideal solution would be to have a native version of JavaME we can call from the command line like Java SE
PhoneME is the equivalent of this and has been around for a while, but compiling it is notoriously difficult, and there have been no working compiled versions of it available for N900 until now.
-------------

I have approached Davy Preuveneers who was behind the following builds for Android, Linux ARM and Windows Phone, and he has very kindly donated some time to create a Maemo/MeeGo version for the community.

Originally Posted by DavyP View Post
Just to clarify:
This is the main download website with "stable" builds:
http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/?q=node/10#maemo
This is the website where I upload all my builds for testing by the
community, including "unstable" ones:
http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/maemo/deb/
On this page, you also find older builds which could be useful to
identify between which two builds a new bug appeared.
Cheers,
Davy
Please download and test with N900 Fremantle, N9 Harmattan, and MeeGo CE / NEMO - any feedback in regard to bugs or performance issues with other mobile applications would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Last edited by [DarkGUNMAN]; 2012-05-14 at 07:03. Reason: Change thread title and add current download locations

The Following 92 Users Say Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
accountvip, adelalgomai, ahmadamaj, ajack, almamo, azad1top, Bad_Habit, baem90, Bahador, bingomion, bipinbn, birefringence, blackjack4it, Brian_7, C00Ler, caa, Craig_Mabbitt, Cue, DeadHorseRiding, demolition, doctorwhiz, don_falcone, draxcp6, ejasmudar, elros34, Estel, et3rnal, frostbyte, fw190, guy4ever4u, hardkorek, harry_e20000, hrbani, HtheB, ibrakalifa, imo, ivgalvez, ivyking, j0zeph, jcharpak, Jordi, Joseph9560, k0ydaika, klinglerware, kojacker, kolos, kowalski, krutznikov, Lucazz990, m750, MaddogG, Maj3stic, MaKenZi, marmistrz, meemorph, Mentalist Traceur, MJ m, mosiomm, Mr.bot, mr_jrt, Netweaver, nicholes, NightShift79, nkirk, Oblomow, patemera, pavlik, pelago, phapsubongtoi, psychologe, PUNK, ranbaxy, realist, reinob, riv64, sbock, shanttu, sifo, skricciolo1981, smartypants, smoothc, Sohil876, strange1712, theonelaw, tzsm98, unexpected, woody14619, wow23, xkkkx, zdanee, Zentenario, zimon