View Single Post
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
I bought my Nokia N900 in last year and think that was a good option for me because i'm a linux developer and with this cellphone, i am learning how to develop for mobile phones and with this forum (Maemo-talk) and with Maemo Documentations, it's easy to do anything that i want in this cellphone. But i think that for a common user, Maemo is not a good option because it seems to be a system that is geek-friendly, it's not for common users.

Android seems to be the better option for most users, with the power and influence of Google, it's easy to build and to make this system popular. Now, i believe that everything that is happening about mobile world, seems to be "the greatest ad ever". Android is a good operating system but i think that Windows Phone 7, Android, iPhone, Meego can be a very good O.S to manage correctly the resources in my hardware.

For me, a operating system is only a system that communicates the low level hardware with applications, and the peoples uses only applications, don't need what O.S peoples uses, we only uses aplications.

Well, we are in app-centric "age", now it's needed to have Android or iPhone, or Windows for x86 to have access to the world. It's really needed? I think that is not true. I am using Maemo and i think that this system and with few apps, i have everything that i need for everyday.

Why everybody says that Symbian is the worst system in the world? Because Symbian does not have 100 million of "fart" and jokes application?

I believe that we cant repeat past errors. The Windows for desktop is the most popular system ever. Who here don't uses Windows 7? Now, everybody knows that if do you are a DJ, you will need to use a software that don't runs in Linux and you will need to use Mac or Windows. In some cases, only Windows will run correctly your software.

If we know that the peoples communicates with applications not with systems, i think that multiplataform development kit can solve this problem that for me, was originated with a principle that "closed source" solutions are the unique option and this will be better for Microsoft and Apple that will ensure the survival of company for more 30 years.

About this subject, i cross my fingers and i believe that the main idea in project "Boot to Gecko" made by Mozilla (https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G), will make the webapps a better viable solution for the app-centric "age".

Sorry for my bad english. I promise to everybody here in Maemo-Talk that I will get back to my English course