View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
The UOOSTMOGFSP

Welcome to the Unofficial Official Open Source T.M.O Games Forum Sticky Post. This contains The Rule, Hints and FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) relevant to the Games section here on Talk.

It's unofficial because it's just me, one of the moderators. It's official because I'm going to enforce it. It's open source because it can be seen and altered by the community to improve it. Just contact me by PM if you have something important to add to it or a concern.

Rule

Rule number one: NO pirated material of any kind. Don't post links to it, don't ask for it, don't discuss how to get, and don't argue whether it's legal or not.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Please do not post or link to "pirated" materials anywhere on maemo.org. I'll put "pirated" in quotes, as I'm quite familiar with the arguments against the legal system's use of that word for copyright violations. There's no need to rehash that debate. I'm also familiar with the various arguments for exceptions to that rule: abandonware, twenty-four hour testing, backup of materials purchased in another format, and so forth. There's no need to rehash those either.

maemo.org has neither the interest, nor the legal resources, to fight those battles. Please refrain from putting the site and our community in a position whereby we'll attract the attention of the MPAA, the RIAA, the BSA, other similar organizations, or individual copyright holders.

Emulators = good. Freeware = good. Copyleft = good. Creative Commons = good. Copyrighted materials being offered by, or clearly with the permission of, the copyright holder = good. Copyrighted materials distributed without clear permission from the copyright holder = bad.

Thank you.
Thank you, Mr. Supermod.

Helpful Hints

Okay, now that we have the rule out of the way, here are a few suggestions to avoid having your post and/or thread mutilated:
  • Search. There are not one, not two, but three search options here. You can search using the forum search, using the Google Power Search, or click the Search this thread link at the top of the thread of interest.
  • Read the thread before you post in it. It helps keep you from looking like an idiot. Questions that are clearly answered a page or two before are likely to disappear into the void...
  • Be nice. If someone does something that helps you, Thank them with the link in the post. If they do something you don't like, be patient with them. You may have misunderstood. They might be having a bad day
  • Ask the right question. If your post has more exclamation marks!!!!! than letters, NO LOWER CASE, or no coherent direction, it's not going to get you a good answer.

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-12 at 18:51.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post: