View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
/usr/share/patchmanager/

you need 2 files, main.png and main-light.png

as i wrote before it's working now
This still is not clear, sorry, not meaning to be off-hand or difficult, but just quoting '/usr/share/patchmanager' is not clear, as does stating; "as I wrote before it's working now", you may as well have told me that "my jeans fit nice around my butt" (meant with humour, not anger!)

Anyway, for those following this thread who perhaps didn't follow the given instructions, this is what you need to do;
  1. Use the latest version of Patchmanager so "main.png" & "main-light.png" files can be recognised by patchmanager, download it from here; http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...la.armv7hl.rpm
  2. The two image files required are "main.png" (a white image) and "main-light.png" (a black image) ~ (a black image named "main-light.png" - not to confusing, eh?)
  3. Place the two image files (main.png & main-light.png) into the folder of your patch; example: '/usr/share/patchmanager/patches/sailfishos-patch-my-dumb-patch')

Now when viewing your patch list in patchmanager and changing ambience, you should see either a light icon or a dark one.

The confusion for me is being told to place the two images in 'usr/share/patchmanager' and not being told they need to be inserted into your actual patch folder (obvious really, but I'm a dummy!)

I can now remove my BIG POINTY DUNCE HAT, move out of 'dumb boy' corner and discontinue sucking my thumb.

Hope this helps those who couldn't follow the original instructions!

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2020-04-28 at 06:59.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: