View Single Post
the issue stems from the fact that the phone has a US IMEI number, meaning that the warranty is void here, however that is why I rang Nokia to confirm if they could help me, which they said they could do, they just could not replace the device, but could do a repair for me.

Now i have someone higher up doing the old apology song and saying that is incorrect information.

I've sought some legal advice, and sent nokia a list of 12 things they have done wrong with me in this situation- ranging from having one of the call centre girls put me on loudspeaker and me hearing them laughing at my anger, to nokia not releasing the n900 here until last week, to my 60 days of going to chatswood to find out about my n97s, to the fact that i keep getting promised call backs that don't happen, to the fact that 2 different pieces of information have being given to me, to the fact that if this is such a basic bit of hardware engineering that should have taken 10 minutes of a technician's day, all because I did the right thing.

I've forwarded all this to the government ombudsmen(and DFT) and told them I was calling today tonight and a current affair- and lo and behold I was delegated a case manager.

turns out all you have to do is threaten their public image. but no, I'll pop in to the topic to a)let you know what happened, and b)if i get screwed take pics and DIM....

cheers guys

Ps, I should have made it clearer, that wasnt MY usb port, mine stil has all the "grip" bits intact, and the red pasty bits are not uneven like that.

Last edited by PipBoyBSOD; 2010-06-01 at 09:55.