View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Indeed. Hence my follow-up post.

Absolutely! ALL human interaction follows rules made up by humas. You can say it is all the product of some ideology or other. Including the unregulated, free market you advocate.

But let's have a look at a few achievements of a such an "interventionist ideology"-free utopia:
  • Slavery
  • 14 hours per day, 6 days a week work
  • 5-year-old children climbing up chimnies or down mine shafts because they are small enough to fit
  • Workers getting crushed, losing hearing or contracting lung cancer because there si no "political interference" forcing their employers to provide safety harnesses, ear protection or respiratory masks
  • Radium girls
  • DDT, smog, acid rain, global warming, plastic gyre, leaded petrol, ozone hole...
  • The 2008 financial crash!
  • Pensioners freezing to death because they cannot afford the heating bills
  • Food banks popping up all over the country (I know about the UK and the US, not so much about others), because people with jobs do not earn enough to feed their families

It is interesting to observe how the proponents of "free this" and "free that" like to forget that part of freedom is also, "I do not want to buy from you or sell to you." (Or, in case of the so-called "free speech", replace "buy from and sell to" with "listen to".)
All your misunderstandings can be cleared up by studying real economics at mises.org.