View Single Post
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I gave up, seems that wait 21600 gets ignored by busybox, I don't know how to get past that...
First of all, thanks for your help and all your efforts with this, Biketool. I experienced the timing issue not working from the beginning. First I tried specified time in hours or minutes as detailed the first version of the script, but neither "h" or "m" units were recognized. Then I converted into seconds (without specifying the unit) as in your example code once edited, but was totally ignored. I did run them from xTerm, didn't build the executable.

Starting and ending BME (with 'CSSU testing' and KP52) definitively works. As soon as I lay my N900 on the Qi unit starts charging (with no clear evidence of it, as already commented). But there is something that worries me quite a lot. It went from almost 0% to about 70% in roughly half an hour. That's too much and too fast. It seems to me that something is wrong as Qi charging is supposed to be slower than standard charging due to current loss inherent to the wireless technology itself.

Apart of this, there are inconsistent readings of batteries levels whenever I apply the stop/start BME process, so I cannot assure which level my battery actually is in. When I refresh readings, figures jumps up and down by a considerable amount. Maybe it has to do with the Qi receiver I'm using, maybe with the Nokia battery (in fact it is four years old, although seem to keep surprising well for its age).

The fact is that I don´t dare to leave the device in Qi charger in a timed controller because I'm risking a fried device. I would prefer (as you already pointed out) something based in a periodic checks of charge levels, with automatic final cut off, once a reasonable and secure level is achieved.

My coding skills are null (don't ask me why I own a N900, which I swear I love and want to keep alive despite it's no my main device any more). Therefore, maybe I´ll try take your original approach: that`s shortening data pins in the MicroUSB connector itself. Yesterday I bought an standard connector in an electronics shop. But, even when it seems workable, it appears too large and clumsy for keeping it permanently plugged in the phone. Nothing to do with the nice appearance of my first try. I´m currently searching the eBay and other Internet sites for a compact alternative. As you suggested in one of your posts: "once you get used to wireless charging, it's very hard to go back to the cable mess".

If I find something, I will post back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aramburuyy For This Useful Post: