View Single Post
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Aramburuyy,
...I suspect the data pins if assembled unshorted could be shorted at the other end of the cable with a bit of scraped insulation and twisting the wires...
I'm afraid that although the five pins might be there (and I insist that with a Chinese sites you not always get all what you see...), no all of them are wired inside the flat ribbon.
If you look into the last two big pictures of the item at the end of the webpage, you'll observe the black sleeve somehow divided in two. My present Qi charger looks more or less the same. In fact, I suspect that inside that black ribbon runs underneath two flat copper tapes instead of the common rounded wires. Flat styled wires provides the flexibility required to fold them without breaking them easily. Those tapes works for VCC 5v and GND pins, the other three, including Data (+/-), are left orphan going nowhere. So maybe "not other end of the cable", I am afraid.

There should be a way to let drop a tiny, very tiny indeed, bubble of soldering between data pins 2 and 3 at the connector's head to bridge them... eeer... without melting the plastic housing!
That should requiere to work looking through a magnifying glass like those used in clockworks shops... or, in my case, to hire a lilliputian gnome expert willing to do the job.

Last edited by aramburuyy; 2014-08-15 at 12:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to aramburuyy For This Useful Post: