View Single Post
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
My PC (Win8) has all Nokia drivers already installed so may be problems with new installs.

Another little known fact if you can find Nokia PC Suite v7.1.30.9 this will read "Contacts" & "Messages" upon N9, but you must ignore all prompts to update application.
Speaking of this... If i don't install PC suite, i can connect the phone as a mass storage device. This works just fine. If i install PC suite, nothing works. If i connect the phone, regardless of mode, it shows up in computer settings/devices/connected devices but right under it, it says "driver error".

Reinstalled windows a few days ago, so i guess i had something carry over when i upgraded to Windows 10, since it was working before, but quit working on a clean install.
Gave up, left it over night.

Woke up, and decided to try the older Nokia 5800. Works just fine. Had to reconnect it once for it to show names rather then phone numbers in the SMS section, but other then that... After this, i just had to try the N9 again... And now it connects, PC suite detects it, but it wont do anything with the messages.
"Loading messages 0%" for a couple of minutes, and when it doesn't progress the program seams to give up, and reports the inbox as empty.

Contacts, it will read. but if i wait, the message "refreshing of contacts failed" and the list goes empty. 132 contacts, and if i click on anyone as soon as the list loads, it will open just fine. A dew with picture (shows up nicely) and a bunch with more then one phone number, and other contact information. It all works, but, i cant edit anything, since the list blanks out with the error.

Any one have any idea what is going on here? Tried different USB ports but it doesn't seam to make any difference.

At first i was tempted to call out the connectivity driver as responsible, or the PC connectivity solution, but that seams to have gone out the window at this point...
Now it's just... weird.
B!

Edit
I realize the post is somewhat messy. I sort of started writing it yesturday, went to sleep on it, and continued when i woke up. What happened during the night... no idea.
/Edit