View Single Post
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Has anyone found a Qi receiver with the data pins shorted yet?
While biketool has done a great job explaining his hack, I think we need to find source of a compatible receiver for N900.
It is a standard to have the data pins shorted, so seems silly that no one produces them.
You are so right!

The Universal Qi Wireless than I trying to use in my N900 is flat and black, sitting beautifully in place in compact appearance. The short ribbon rapidly disappears beneath the N900s lid. Almost seems a part of the original device as it does not alter much its original appearance.

But what is driving me crazy, is the difficulty I'm finding in order to short the data pins in the connector itself. I´m trying for now to avoid tinkering with the data pads in the N900s main board.

The Qi receiver I've got even does not have data pins at all in the micro USB connector. There are only pins in the sides (5v & Ground) leaving the three central ones completely empty in the small plastic mould. Therefore, I do not see an easy way to bridge Data (+) and Data (-) because there is nothing there to connect. That's why Biketool went through the 'transplant' process he posted which seemed no easy for my skills, I´m afraid.

I've googled for "Universal Qi receivers" with "shorted data pins" with no success. That's quite surprising because I agree it should be a standard, as you say. I'm completely novice but I don´t believe that next century technology is needed for developing such a thing.
All what I´ve got were charging cables with such a big connectors that do not appear to be a neat solution for modding them in the N900.

Now, I´ll try to find a connector with the central pins somehow accessible in order to bridge the data (+/-) and connect the ones in the extremes (5v & GND) to the ribbon of my Qi charging receiver. But I´m afraid that finding a unit that is at the same time workable, small, flat, black and nice... well, that's is asking to much ...Maybe should I quit the black and nice part!

I´ll post back in case something is found.

Just if were possible for CSSU/ Kernel Power people to provide with a reliable software solution equal the Android devices support...

Last edited by aramburuyy; 2014-08-13 at 12:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to aramburuyy For This Useful Post: