View Single Post
I posted this some other places. I post here as well.
-----
OK. While I am waiting to get a device, I have been reviewing and researching. Apparently I should back up the DRM keys/partition before I install SFOS. Fine, so while researching this, I found the following.

“Sony Xperia devices are known for their excellent Sony camera sensors and implemented software technologies like Bravia Engine and X-Reality display modes. These features noticeably increase screen colors and camera quality. Everything is sharper and photos taken in low light conditions look just great.

All these features are made possible thanks to the DRM keys. But when you root your Xperia phone, the DRM keys get lost as well as all the features. The camera doesn’t perform as well and photos in low light look just terrible. The screen is not as vivid and colors are washed out.”

So, is this bogus or real, and what is the state of Sailfish’s access to the Bravia and X-Reality engine gardware, quality wise and so on?
Am I the only one who came across this?

I looked at a 5122 and I admit it looks pretty sharp, so I thought the question was worth asking.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DrDweeb For This Useful Post: